Length: 114 pp
Author: Mack Stiles
Here is an excellent book on evangelism for the whole church, which is the only kind of evangelism that should be. The church is God’s program for evangelism and the gospel is the power of God to salvation. In Evangelism you’ll find simplicity and sanity concerning what has too often, unnecessarily, been complicated and done insanely.
Evangelism is teaching the gospel (the message from God that leads us to salvation) with the aim to persuade. If a church does not understand biblical evangelism, over time that church will be subverted. If we don’t practice healthy evangelism, the dominoes start to fall:
- The focus of preaching and teaching turns to living a moral life, not a gospel-centered life.
- Non-Christians are lulled into thinking that they are okay in their lost state.
- Christians think that non-Christians are believers because they made a superficial outward commitment.
- The church baptizes those who are not believers.
- The church allows non-Christians into membership.
- Eventually, non-Christians become leaders in the church.
- A church becomes a subculture of nominalism.
Unbiblical evangelism is a method of assisted suicide for a church, so there is much at stake in getting evangelism right.