I am 258 years removed from Joanthan Edwards sermon, “There Never Was Any Love That Could Be Paralleled with the Dying Love of Christ”, on Romans 5:7-8, and it came on me ministering great grace. It ministered Christ to me in a fresh way. Meditate on these five reasons he gives why the love of our Lord is unparalleled.
- Never was there a love that fixed upon an object so much below the lover.
- Never was there any instance of such love to those who were so far from being capable of benefiting the lover.
- Never was there any who set his love upon those in whom he saw so much filthiness and deformity.
- Never was there anyone who set his love upon those who were so far from loving him and so unreasonably averse to him as Jesus Christ in his dying love to sinners.
- There never was any love that appeared in so great and wonderful expressions
- And lastly, never was there any love that was so beneficial to the beloved.